Wow. I've been absent awhile dealing with some issues of my own. Perhaps more to come on that. Moonfail has got me back into LJ tho. I hope to be more present.
Again hi!! *waves and bounces*
My paternal grandfather died this morning. I didn't really know him. My parents have been divorced since I was two and I was raised by my mother. I hardly ever saw my dad's side of the family. So, folks please don't worry about me, I'm fine. I more worried about my dad, so if anyone wants say prayers/blessings/etc. please do so for him. thx
So after work tomorrow I have to head to upper MI for the funeral on Sunday and bf is so kind as to come with. Kittens and mommy have a temporary place to stay so they won't be alone. PR2 be handled before then. We'll be back Monday evening.
No more waffling about Capricon I guess.
Sunday - Got hit one block from destination by a car pulling out of a parallel parking spot
Monday - BF's cat who is temporarily living in my bathroom is noticed to be pregnant
Tuesday - laid off by Target
now some might find this upsetting, however ...
KITTENS!!!! arrived Wednesday, four of them :)
stress? what stress?? KITTENS!!!!
To medicate or not to medicate? Frell.
ai haz 4 ( as in FOUR !!!) new holes in myself :)
i had an appt. with my Jes. today.
i'm having an interesting time tracking the energy movement across the chakra that my tattoo is on. the tattoo is between 2 of the new holes, yet has nothing to do with the whole thing, yet the entire surface of it is aching, and the new holes hardly hurt at all. hmm.
participating in the LJ Friends: Memeage ...
* Post 3 things you've done that you don't think anybody else on your friends list has done.
* See if anybody responds with "I've done that." If they have- add another!(2.b., 2.c., etc...)
* Encourage your friends paste this into their own journal to see what unique things they've done.
1. moved to Minneapolis for Minicon, never having previously seen Mpls. (attended in 93, never left the hotel. started job hunting Dec-Jan. attended in 94, left the hotel once briefly to go to Mud Pie. job interview May 94, moved June 94)
2. nothing tops that :). HOW...ever, spent 7 weeks in Melbourne working full time and having the time of my life. Above job involved writing software for testing jet engines. Ansett was a client based out of Melbourne. Went on a winery tour of Yarra Valley.
3. went skinny dipping in Powderhorn? Is my 'i'm so innocent' pic working? :)
I think everybody ought to know what a great person Liadan is. :)
What seems like forever ago, but was actually only 10 days, and after having only met me once, she read my comment about my crappy mood and being the kind and wonderful person she is, invited me to dinner. Then proceeded to occupy my entire weekend with fun and distraction* so my impending episode never actually arrived. Sweet!
Thanks dear. Deserves to be public :)
* I went to an SCA event again for the first time in a couple of years. I've been intending to but was dragging my feet. FYI, my other name is Dionysia, or more commonly D.